Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Excluding a directory but re-including certain files?
Excluding a directory but re-including certain files? [message #883053] Thu, 07 June 2012 18:42 Go to next message
J, King is currently offline J, KingFriend
Is there a way in CDT 8 to over-ride the build exclusion for certain files within an excluded directory?

I'm developing an app on top of a third party stack + framework. My project is laid out as:

- src
--- thirdparty
--- --- lots of subdirectories, .c and .h files
--- mysource
--- --- my .c and .h files, some subdirectories

The third party code includes some code files that I need to compile my project, but most of the code is for their framework, which I am not using (for the most part). With a managed Eclipse C project, I was hoping I could exclude everything in "thirdparty" by default, but manually override that for the few .c files I do need to include.

The alternative would be to go in an manually exclude individual files, though that would be a lot more work (the number of unused files greatly outnumbers the used). It also makes upgrading to new versions of their stack a little trickier, as I couldn't just ignore new files but would have to go in and manually exclude them.

Is there a way to do this kind of build exclusion? Or does anyone have a suggestion for a better project layout to use with a managed make project? I'm moving this from an external Makefile project, which of course easy to specify the exact files to use.
Re: Excluding a directory but re-including certain files? [message #884952 is a reply to message #883053] Tue, 12 June 2012 06:55 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You could create Eclipse links to the files you need.
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/concepts/concepts-13.htm

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:SSE intrinsics and intellesense not working
Next Topic:puts() does not work as expected ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:26:57 GMT 2024