Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Can't get my webapps to deploy from Eclipse
Can't get my webapps to deploy from Eclipse [message #882226] Wed, 06 June 2012 04:49 Go to next message
Rob Tanner is currently offline Rob TannerFriend
Hi,

I wanted to supplement my original post, so I replied to it but the replies haven't shown up in the forum, so this is a new topic.

After doing a bunch of googling, I've concluded that there's nothing I'm doing that's wrong and the app should deploy to my test server. It simply is not working though it used to. Also my laptop also isn't working, but it used to. And to top it all off, it thinks it's working. With Tomcat running, when I modify a piece of code within Eclipse and save it, I see this message in the Eclipse console view:

Jun 5, 2012 5:47:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload
INFO: Reloading Context with name [/AccountManager] has started

Yet, when I look in the webapps folder in the running Tomcat server, there is no evidence that the webapp was ever deployed.

The next thing I checked was the logfile (.metadata/.log in the root of the workspace looking for a possible stacktrace. I found no errors reported of stacktraces.

So that leads me to conclude that some plugin installed recently effectively breaks Eclipse's ability to deploy a webapp to the server. I'm running Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers, version: Indigo Service Release 2. I have SpringSource, Maven (m2e), AspectJ, VMWare and a host of others that are added beyond the actual distro version of Eclipse.

Does anyone know of any plugins that could cause the symptoms I'm seeing? Or, barring that, is there a simple way that I can figure the order in which I installed the various plugins so that I can back them out one at a time starting with the most recent?

Thanks,

Rob Tanner
Linfield College
Re: Can't get my webapps to deploy from Eclipse [message #882514 is a reply to message #882226] Wed, 06 June 2012 15:57 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Web development questions belong in the Web Tools forum not JDT
Previous Topic:ClassNotFoundException
Next Topic:Export runnable jar files wizard - library handling (Indigo)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:36:19 GMT 2024