Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Apply rename refactoring to a dependent project (script)
Apply rename refactoring to a dependent project (script) [message #881968] Tue, 05 June 2012 14:57
Florian Troßbach is currently offline Florian TroßbachFriend
Hey guys,

sorry if this has been asked before (in which case my search terms have not been good enough), but I have trouble to apply a refactoring script that contains a rename refactoring.

I performed the refactoring in the source project/workspace and created a script. I then went to a different workspace with a different project that depends on the source project in the source workspace and try "Refactoring -> Apply Script".
Unfortunately, this always results in the following error:

The refactoring 'Rename Type' (org.eclipse.jdt.ui.rename.type) cannot be performed, since its input 'xxx.TestClass" does not exists

It does not matter if I have already swapped the jar on the build path or not.

If I export a new Jar with Refactoring History enabled and then use the "Migrate Jar" functionality, everything works as expected, but we don't build our jars with Eclipse.

Basically, what I want is to apply the "Update References" side effect of the refactoring to the dependent project. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

We still use Galileo (3.5.2), but I get the same problem on Indigo. Your help is much appreciated!
Previous Topic:Breakpoint actions in java (like c++)
Next Topic:SMSLIB API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:34:53 GMT 2024