Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » JPA + Hibernate + Sybase ASE(Can't make reverse engineering with a Sybase database)
JPA + Hibernate + Sybase ASE [message #881449] Mon, 04 June 2012 15:25 Go to next message
Tadashi Ando is currently offline Tadashi AndoFriend

Good afternoon. I have a problem with persistance in Hibernate. First of all, sorry for my very bad English. I'm working in a hospital, where the database has over 15 years, and was made in Sybase. Now the whole hospital system is changing to Java, and Postgres database. Therefore, in order to work the classes that administer the database, I just made a connection with Hibernate JPA, added the necessary drivers for Sybase, and configured the settings for Sybase ASE. Generally with any other database, in JPA tools> Generate Entities from tables, I can create classes for each table I need. But when I try to do it with Sybase database, it works at first, I can make SQL queries to the database, but I can't create entities using reverse engineering. 2 weeks I'm trying but I have not gotten results. Someone could give me some suggestions please?
Re: JPA + Hibernate + Sybase ASE [message #881458 is a reply to message #881449] Mon, 04 June 2012 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
Hello,

What type of problems are you seeing when you try to generate Entities. Are there errors in the Error Log? Are you able to browse the DB schema in the Data Source Explorer?

Neil
Re: JPA + Hibernate + Sybase ASE [message #881469 is a reply to message #881458] Mon, 04 June 2012 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for answering. Ok, what is happening is that when I select Connect, connects with no errors, but when I want to explore the schemes, there are none, I can't navigate through the tables ... If I see it from the JPA perspective, within the connection, there aren't tables, aren't schemes, aren't store procedures ... Nothing. And I haven't any log that shows any errors.

Smile
Re: JPA + Hibernate + Sybase ASE [message #881554 is a reply to message #881469] Mon, 04 June 2012 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a DTP problem (we use DTP to get table info). Could this be it - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=377829 ? If not, you may want to try this more general search for Postgres issues in DTP, many of which have been fixed, but may not yet be released yet.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;list_id=1843927;short_desc=postgres;short_desc_type=allwordssubstr;classification=DataTools

Hope this helps,
Neil
Re: JPA + Hibernate + Sybase ASE [message #881845 is a reply to message #881554] Tue, 05 June 2012 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Neil!! But, the database isn't Postgres, it is Sybase ... and 15 years old. I know it's old, and there is no support for that; that's why I don't find a solution. I'm using the jconn3.jar driver... maybe some one oldest could work?

Smile
Re: JPA + Hibernate + Sybase ASE [message #882919 is a reply to message #881845] Thu, 07 June 2012 13:22 Go to previous message
Hmm...not sure why I was thinking Postgres there. Anyway, I'm a little surprised that you are having trouble with Sybase ASE, since I would have thought that even old versions of this would be supported in DTP. You may want to try different driver versions to see if you have any luck with that. But if not, take the issues to the DTP forums to see if you can get a definitive answer. You could also file a bug against DTP. Good luck!

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/3/

Neil
Previous Topic:Entity Bean Generation from Postgres 8.4 database
Next Topic:Setting level to warning for all validations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:29:14 GMT 2024