Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Change binaries/flags for all projects(gcc, make, gdb, etc, autoconf, automake.)
Change binaries/flags for all projects [message #881038] Sun, 03 June 2012 18:41 Go to next message
Philip Dixon is currently offline Philip DixonFriend
Is there a way to change the default compiler and its flags for all c projects ? And point eclipse to new binaries( gdb, gcc, autoconf, automake, make) for all projects ? Without using symbolic links(pointers), and placing them in usr/bin? It's cumbersome to change it every time I start a new project! Is there a configuration file which I can tweak?

I have created symbolic links in usr/bin in my computer so that it points to the new binaries built using macports. I am now using gcc 4.7, gdb 7.3 and make 3.82. However, I don't now where automake and autoconf are.

I would like to add flags such as -std=c11 for all projects is that doable ? If not I will be forced to change to qt ide, visual studio or vim.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 June 2012 18:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Change binaries/flags for all projects [message #883650 is a reply to message #881038] Sat, 09 June 2012 01:56 Go to previous message
D Darcy is currently offline D DarcyFriend
It can be done:
http(colon)//gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.0/gcc/Spec-Files.html
http(colon)//www.mingw.org/node/25
provide starting point - to create/modify a 'specs' file(in the correct location) used by gcc(depending on gcc release it may not be present by default). For c++ programs the important spec string is:
*cc1plus:
-std=c++0x -U__STRICT_ANSI__

is what I use to get good default(my gcc is only 4.6.1) and not put on every new project.
(It's lot more tricky to add in some kinds of useful defaults to the linker if
libs have to be in the correct order)
Previous Topic:parsers with a red Xs
Next Topic:Wrong debugger reporting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:10:08 GMT 2024