Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Different task types / can I extend the new task wizard?
Different task types / can I extend the new task wizard? [message #879780] Thu, 31 May 2012 20:41 Go to next message
Bryan Hunt is currently offline Bryan HuntFriend
I'm working on a task connector for eTrack, and I need the ability to create different task types in the same task repository. The task attributes, process flow, editor, etc would all be different depending on the type of task. For example: Story vs Impediment vs Retrospective.

Is there a way to customize the new task wizard to allow the user to specify the task type? Also, how would the TaskDataHandler know which task type it is working on?

Any advice or documentation covering this situation would be appreciated.

Bryan
Re: Different task types / can I extend the new task wizard? [message #879784 is a reply to message #879780] Thu, 31 May 2012 20:54 Go to previous message
Bryan Hunt is currently offline Bryan HuntFriend
I think I just found part of my answer. It looks like I would simply extend NewTaskWizard and have The TaskConnectorUI return the extension. How do I tell the rest of the code the task type, is the remaining piece of the puzzle.
Previous Topic:Review for Eclipse (R4E) 0.10.0 is now available
Next Topic:owner filter?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:58:27 GMT 2024