Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How do turn missing execution env warning into an error?
How do turn missing execution env warning into an error? [message #879191] Wed, 30 May 2012 17:52 Go to next message
Scott Hamilton is currently offline Scott HamiltonFriend
Hi there!

This is eclipse 3.6 (more specifically, MyEclipse 9.1 built on Eclipse 3.6).

We've got a mix of projects in our workspace where some of them have a J2SE-1.5 execution environment specified. Since 90% of our projects are Java 6 projects, most of us just have the JDK 1.6 installed and set up. So we get the warning in the problems pane:

"Build path specifies execution environment J2SE-1.5. There are no JREs installed in the workspace that are strictly compatible with this environment."

This causes problems with folks (like me - I'm guilty too) ignore the warning and don't install a 1.5-compatible JDK, since JDT seems to just go ahead and use the default JRE to compile those projects, which will have some new APIs that are not 1.5 compatible.

I've looked thru the preferences to see if there is a way to upgrade this from a WARNING into an ERROR but am not seeing a way. Am I missing something? Can it be turned into an error somehow?

Thanks!
Scott
Re: How do turn missing execution env warning into an error? [message #879213 is a reply to message #879191] Wed, 30 May 2012 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Is the "No strictly compatible JRE for execution environment available" option in the Java->Compiler->Building->Build path problems section what you are looking for?
Re: How do turn missing execution env warning into an error? [message #879220 is a reply to message #879213] Wed, 30 May 2012 19:28 Go to previous message
Scott Hamilton is currently offline Scott HamiltonFriend
YES!!! Thanks!
Previous Topic:CodePro Future
Next Topic:Im trying to add Killstreak and i get this error in my compiler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:42:52 GMT 2024