Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Libra » [WAR Product] Cannot create WAR with Spring bundles (cycle+optionnal dependencies)
[WAR Product] Cannot create WAR with Spring bundles (cycle+optionnal dependencies) [message #878307] Tue, 29 May 2012 03:26
Angelo ZERR is currently offline Angelo ZERRFriend
Hi RAP Team,

I have written several articles Eclipse RCP/RAP with Spring DM, Spring Data JPA and Remoting which explains step by step how to develop RCP and RAP Application which displays in SWT Table a list of User with pagination by using Nebula Pagination. This RCP/RAP Application uses Spring DM, Spring Data JPA (for DAO Layer). [step10] explains how to develop RAP Application, that you can download
eclipsespring_step10.zip to find this RCP/RAP Application.

I had the intention to write the next article to explain step by step how to create a WAR from the RAP Application with WARProduct, but I have 2 problems :

1. problem with cycle: if you create warproduct from the RAP Client - Mock Dao launch (based on Spring DM, Spring, ...without JPA), you will have the cycle error:
    A cycle was detected when generating the classpath fr.opensagres.services_1.0.0.201205290508, org.springframework.data.commons_1.1.0.RELEASE, org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE, org.springframework.orm_3.0.5.RELEASE, org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE.

This problem is already explained in the bug 342802. So I have getted the WARProduct source from the Git, followed the attached patch and compile my own WARProduct. With my own WARProduct, I can now create my WAR (Mock DAO).
  2. problem with optionnal dependencies: if you create warproduct from the RAP Client - JPA Dao launch (based on Spring DM, Spring, Spring Data JPA), you will have this error:
    Processing inclusion from feature org.eclipse.pde.container.feature: Bundle spring-data-jpa_1.0.3.RELEASE failed to resolve.:
    	Unsatisfied import package com.mysema.query_[2.2.5,3.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package com.mysema.query.dml_[2.2.5,3.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package com.mysema.query.jpa_[2.2.5,3.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package com.mysema.query.jpa.impl_[2.2.5,3.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package com.mysema.query.support_[2.2.5,3.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package com.mysema.query.types_[2.2.5,3.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package com.mysema.query.types.path_[2.2.5,3.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package javax.annotation_0.0.0.
    	Unsatisfied import package org.apache.openjpa.persistence_[2.1.0,3.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package org.aspectj.lang_[1.6.8,2.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package org.aspectj.lang.reflect_[1.6.8,2.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package org.aspectj.runtime.reflect_[1.6.8,2.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package org.hibernate_[3.5.3,4.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package org.hibernate.ejb_[3.5.3,4.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package org.joda.time_[1.5.0,2.0.0).
    	Unsatisfied import package org.springframework.beans.factory.aspectj_[3.0.5.RELEASE,4.0.0).

Here the MANIFEST.MF of the spring-data-jpa bundle:
    Import-Package: com.mysema.query;version="[2.2.5,3.0.0)";resolution:="
     optional",

It seems that WARProduct tries to use optionnal package when build is done. I have tried to select/unselect the checkbox "Include optionnal dependencieswhen computing required plug-ins" without success. Do you know how to I could modify WARProduct Java code to fix this problem. Many thanks!

I tell me when you will have intention to provides a new WARProduct to install to fix the problem of cycle for instance (to avoid using my own WARProduct).

Many thanks for your help.

Regards Angelo
Previous Topic:OSGi framework launcher
Next Topic:WAR Validate Null Pointer Exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:44:00 GMT 2024