Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » How Do I Get Selections From the CompareEditor?
How Do I Get Selections From the CompareEditor? [message #876573] Thu, 24 May 2012 21:29 Go to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
I'm trying to capture the selections from the EMF CompareEditor. I've launched it like this:

ModelCompareEditorInput modelCompareInput = new ModelCompareEditorInput((snapshot));
CompareUI.openCompareEditor(modelCompareInput);

My ISelectionListeners in my other views see only a single selection change event when the editor is launched.

I'd like to drive the selections of some of my views based on the selected diffs in the compare editor.

Tried searching Google for an hour or so and couldn't really find anything. The editor seems to be registered somehow as a selection provider since I'm getting at least one fire, but it doesn't fire selection changes when I advance through the differences.
Re: How Do I Get Selections From the CompareEditor? [message #890214 is a reply to message #876573] Thu, 21 June 2012 13:33 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Brandon,

The editor that is opened is the CompareEditor, from org.eclipse.compare. EMF Compare only adds its own viewers in that editor and does not register more selection providers. However, selection of differences in the top viewer (the structural differences tree) should properly fire selection events. Selections in the bottom pane (the two/three viewers for left, right and optional ancestors) do not.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:EMF Compare from API
Next Topic:No differences for different models !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:56:49 GMT 2024