Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can't resolve #include <stdio.h> in Windows XP Pro
Can't resolve #include <stdio.h> in Windows XP Pro [message #876488] Thu, 24 May 2012 17:56 Go to next message
Kevin Farmer is currently offline Kevin FarmerFriend
Hi,

My background in programming is all in a Linux environment. I am trying to set up a programming environment in Windows XP Professional for the first time.

I have downloaded Eclipse Indigo (Classic) and added the C/C++ plugin. However, when I try to write a simple "Hello World" program I get an error message that the "include <stdio.h>" cannot be resolved.

I have done a lot of Google searches looking for an answer but I am getting nowhere.

Any advice is appreciated.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 May 2012 14:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't resolve #include <stdio.h> in Windows XP Pro [message #876710 is a reply to message #876488] Fri, 25 May 2012 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Did you install a toolchain (MinGW)?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Can't resolve #include <stdio.h> in Windows XP Pro [message #876927 is a reply to message #876710] Fri, 25 May 2012 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I followed a how-to on installing MinGW to be used with Eclipse but a couple of the instructions produced no result so I'm not sure if it worked. MinGW is definitely installed but it does not show up as an toolchain option in Eclipse.

Regards.
Re: Can't resolve #include <stdio.h> in Windows XP Pro [message #876951 is a reply to message #876927] Fri, 25 May 2012 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps I should also mention that I added ";D:/MinGW/bin" to my Path variable and that there is no registry key showing the MinGW install location.

Regards.
Re: Can't resolve #include <stdio.h> in Windows XP Pro [message #878361 is a reply to message #876951] Tue, 29 May 2012 06:38 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Kevin Farmer wrote on Fri, 25 May 2012 17:25
Perhaps I should also mention that I added ";D:/MinGW/bin" to my Path variable and that there is no registry key showing the MinGW install location.

Regards.

You should use backslashes on Windows.
D:\MinGW\bin

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Polymorphic functions are not recognized by indexer
Next Topic:Help! Eclipse CDT shows semantic errors, but compilation is ok
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:16:20 GMT 2024