Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Ignore certain imports
Ignore certain imports [message #873452] Fri, 18 May 2012 09:08 Go to next message
Stefan Langenmaier is currently offline Stefan LangenmaierFriend
Hello everybody,

I try to use Eclipse for a multi-language project. The build process of this project creates temporary java files, that are not stored or cached until now because they are only created and used for the build. They all reside in a special package like:

com.example.product.temp

Because theses files cannot be found the error "unresolved import" is shown. Is there a possibility to ignore this error. Of course it would be the best to specify it just for this sub-package.

Thanks
Best regards
Stefan
Re: Ignore certain imports [message #873523 is a reply to message #873452] Fri, 18 May 2012 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
From your description I'm not convinced that this is a scenario worth supporting.

Even if these files are not stored in your source repository, I'd expect that they still exist on the developers harddisk.

Given that they are imported from other files just ignoring the import probably wouldn't help since all usages of those types are still broken, no?

Typically, when code generation is involved, generated Java files are stored locally in a separate source folder that is ignored by the version control system. Any reasons not to go that road?

best,
Stephan
Re: Ignore certain imports [message #874641 is a reply to message #873523] Mon, 21 May 2012 09:57 Go to previous message
Stefan Langenmaier is currently offline Stefan LangenmaierFriend
@Stephan: Thanks for your feedback. You are right with the usage and I'd personally also like to use theses files. Why I tried to avoid to go that road was because I didn't had the information where theses files are created.
Previous Topic:problem seeing watch expression value when debugging
Next Topic:Why does cancel button exist?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:58:00 GMT 2024