Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Cant set default text color in Java editor(No option to change Basic and/or Java default font colors)
Cant set default text color in Java editor [message #870818] Wed, 09 May 2012 19:00 Go to next message
R Pito is currently offline R PitoFriend
Using 3.7.2 (Indigo sr 2) on Windows XP.
I'm trying to change my editors to use black backgrounds and white text and am currently interested in changing the Java editor the most. Preferences->General->Appearance->Colors&Fonts doesn't have an option under Basic nor Java to change the foreground font color. Changing colors in Java->Editor->Syntax Coloring doesn't quite do it. I'd expect this last dialog to inherit some default color from Basic or some such but it does not. Needless to say this is quite annoying. I've seen mention on the web of a foreground/font color in the Basic section, but it's not available on my setup. Changing the font brings up a Windows style dialog which allows one to change a color, however, this doesn't take effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, r.
Re: Cant set default text color in Java editor [message #870946 is a reply to message #870818] Thu, 10 May 2012 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Check if 'Preferences->General->Editors->Text Editors->Background color' help you?
Re: Cant set default text color in Java editor [message #870987 is a reply to message #870946] Thu, 10 May 2012 13:26 Go to previous message
R Pito is currently offline R PitoFriend
Thanks. This is how I set the background to black, but there is no way to set the "default" color of all text to white. I've had to modify every setting in Java syntax coloring to do this. Obviously this is not an ideal solution :-<
Previous Topic:get Remove Lirbrary Event
Next Topic:An internal error occurred during: "Launching ..."
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:42:03 GMT 2024