Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » ToolItem text not visible on first login, adjust after refresh or second login to applicatoin.(widget not displayed correctly)
ToolItem text not visible on first login, adjust after refresh or second login to applicatoin. [message #869878] Fri, 04 May 2012 15:48 Go to next message
George R Malary is currently offline George R MalaryFriend
I think this may be a know limitation of determining sizes for widgets, but I'm not sure.

1) We have a perspective Toolbar which shows when we login to application.

When we launch application, and login for the first time, the ToolItem is displayed, but is cutting off text. (see attached image: ToolItem-CutsOffText.png)If you see the page load, you can see it shows the correct text, and the resizes the ToolItem, cutting off text.

If you refresh the page, or logout of the application, and log back in, the ToolItem is displayed properly. (see attached image: ToolItem-ShowsCorrectText.png).

Is there a way around this behavior? Can I layout() the Toolbar or pack() the items after load? I have tried that unsuccessfully.

2) On a more general note, I see widgets move around occassionally when text is change in them, or when localization causes widgets to have to grow. Are there any suggestions to limit the jittering of objects, and best practices for handling resizing of objects? I try to solve these issues by layout() and pack() of the containers, but possibly there is a better practice.
Re: ToolItem text not visible on first login, adjust after refresh or second login to applicatoin. [message #870326 is a reply to message #869878] Mon, 07 May 2012 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi George,
the ToolItem issue is probably related to the text size determination in
the first run. Could you open a bugzilla with a snippet to reproduce it?
Thanks,
Ivan

On 5/4/2012 6:48 PM, George R Malary wrote:
> I think this may be a know limitation of determining sizes for widgets, but I'm not sure.
>
> 1) We have a perspective Toolbar which shows when we login to application.
>
> When we launch application, and login for the first time, the ToolItem is displayed, but is cutting off text. (see attached image: ToolItem-CutsOffText.png)If you see the page load, you can see it shows the correct text, and the resizes the ToolItem, cutting off text.
>
> If you refresh the page, or logout of the application, and log back in, the ToolItem is displayed properly. (see attached image: ToolItem-ShowsCorrectText.png).
>
> Is there a way around this behavior? Can I layout() the Toolbar or pack() the items after load? I have tried that unsuccessfully.
>
> 2) On a more general note, I see widgets move around occassionally when text is change in them, or when localization causes widgets to have to grow. Are there any suggestions to limit the jittering of objects, and best practices for handling resizing of objects? I try to solve these issues by layout() and pack() of the containers, but possibly there is a better practice.

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: ToolItem text not visible on first login, adjust after refresh or second login to applicatoin. [message #873953 is a reply to message #870326] Sat, 19 May 2012 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George R Malary is currently offline George R MalaryFriend
Hi,

We had Elias in-house on Friday, and he helped to reproduce the issue, or at least a very similar issue which is almost the same. We create bug and added to eclipse. Bug number: 380001
Re: ToolItem text not visible on first login, adjust after refresh or second login to applicatoin. [message #875822 is a reply to message #873953] Wed, 23 May 2012 11:38 Go to previous message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi George,
thanks for the bug report and snippet to reproduce the issue. We will
have a look on it as soon as possible.
Best,
Ivan

On 5/19/2012 6:18 PM, George R Malary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We had Elias in-house on Friday, and he helped to reproduce the issue,
> or at least a very similar issue which is almost the same. We create
> bug and added to eclipse. Bug number: 380001

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:Canvas only shows up after i have moved window
Next Topic:Help for the filter for the treeviewer with several columns?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:26:46 GMT 2024