Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Makefile strangeness(Eclipse and manual make have a different behavior)
Makefile strangeness [message #869800] Fri, 04 May 2012 10:55 Go to next message
c ++ is currently offline c ++Friend
I have a pretty simple project with 1 cpp that includes... 1 include (.h).
Using Automatic Makefile generation, on Linux. Release is set.

Basically the CPP includes the "include.h", nothing special.

When I modify the include.h only... (CPP is not touched)

• ... and click ^b, Eclipse does 'make all' (see in console) and generates the new bin. Normal.
  • However if I cd to the Release path and do manually 'make all', 'make' does nothing, as it does not see the .h modification / dependency, and decides not to recompile the .cpp

I checked the generated makefile, there is no include.h dependency.

Two questions:
- why does the ^b in Eclipse works and the CPP is recompiled (while it does 'make all')?
- how can I add the local include.h dependency while keeping the automatic makefile generation?

Thanks
Re: Makefile strangeness [message #870737 is a reply to message #869800] Wed, 09 May 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Re: Makefile strangeness [message #873069 is a reply to message #870737] Thu, 17 May 2012 12:59 Go to previous message
bump
Previous Topic:how to change an environment variable of USER:PREFS type to USER:CONFIG type in java programmaticall
Next Topic:how to change an environment variable of USER:PREFS type to USER:CONFIG type in java programmaticall
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:32:59 GMT 2024