Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Invitation for discussion(How to develop a single-sourced, database-supported modeling environment?)
Invitation for discussion [message #869752] Fri, 04 May 2012 08:10 Go to next message
Christian Kurze is currently offline Christian KurzeFriend
Hi,

I would like you to join my discussion on finding the best way to develop a client and web based, database-supported, multi-user modeling environment: christian-kurze.blogspot.de/2012/05/distributed-single-sourced-web-and.html. What is the most suitable project - which requirements do you have? Please leave any comments and suggestions on my blog - my aim is to provide some help for people who have to evaluate different technology and some tutorials on how to use the technology.

I'm looking forward to a fruitful discussion.

Christian
Re: Invitation for discussion [message #869954 is a reply to message #869752] Sat, 05 May 2012 05:22 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Christian,
I am responsible for the EMFT Texo project. The eventual goal of the Texo project is to provide both a server as well as
a client side solution for web and RCP environments. Texo generates software artifacts directly from ecore/xsd models
and uses several other EMF(-related) projects. It generates JPA annotated entities, and provides a CRUD webservice layer
supporting both JSON and XML.

With Texo I started on the server side (generating JPA annotated entities/dao's) and am now moving more and more to
adding client-side functionality. I recently finished the JSON webservice layer. This JSON layer makes it already quite
possible to connect a web RIA/html5 client to a web server running Texo generated code. The next step is to provide a
JSON/Texo EMF resource implementation. So RCP clients can connect to a Texo web server.

For more information see these links:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo
http://martintaal.wordpress.com/category/texo/

I will copy the above in your blog also.

gr. Martin

On 05/04/2012 10:10 AM, Christian Kurze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like you to join my discussion on finding the best way to develop a client and web based, database-supported,
> multi-user modeling environment: christian-kurze.blogspot.de/2012/05/distributed-single-sourced-web-and.html. What is
> the most suitable project - which requirements do you have? Please leave any comments and suggestions on my blog - my
> aim is to provide some help for people who have to evaluate different technology and some tutorials on how to use the
> technology.
>
> I'm looking forward to a fruitful discussion.
>
>
> Christian

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Previous Topic:Operation type parameters not erased when generating eInvoke method
Next Topic:WSDL - XSD to Ecore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:27:06 GMT 2024