Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » extending ve - documentation ???
extending ve - documentation ??? [message #113822] Tue, 20 December 2005 15:17
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: va511e.yahoo.com

Hello

I am trying for almost a week so far to get a grasp at whats happening in the visual editor in order to customize its functionality for a certain type of application. In a few words I would like to restrict the acces to certain attributes and options for each type of SWT object that can be used in the editor and to generate at the end of the process an XML representation of the entire thing.

I've been doing a lot of reading and crawling on the web and in forums for some hints, and so far the only things that gave me a rather fuzzy image were the "Custom widget tutorial" from eclipse.org and "The Ultra Light Client Editor tutorial".
And for the XML serialisation I have found XSWT, which besides the fact that is rather in a beta stage, seems to do a good job.

Still, so far I reached to the conclusion that in order to provide the functionality afore mentioned all I have to do is provide extensions at certain plugins from the visual editor. Am I right? What I'm misunderstooding?

Is there a more complete documentation about all the extension points in ve ? Because in the plugin.xml files that are provided not all the things are very clear. And its hard to give proper values for all the parameters without really understanding whats going on below.

Thanks for any help that you can give me,

Vasile
Previous Topic:VE 1.1.0.1 Parse Error with NullPointerException
Next Topic:extending ve - documentation ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:37:14 GMT 2024