Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Using custom builders(How to make a custom builder from our own plugin work with Buckminster headless)
Using custom builders [message #868566] Wed, 02 May 2012 08:26 Go to next message
Tobias Bertelsen is currently offline Tobias BertelsenFriend
Hey there.

I'm redesigning our company's build procedure for an Eclipse RCP product. We are doing nightly builds on Jenkins.

As a part of this I find writing our own builder eclipse builder to be useful (using the org.eclipse.core.resources.builders extension point). I'm however in doubt whether that will work with the Buckminster headless build on the Jenkins server.
In the BuckyBook I only see how to call my own ant script, but I can't find any info on custom implemented builders.

- I expect that I at least have to ensure my our plugin is added to the eclipse installation that the headless Buckminster uses. Is there anybody who has experience in how to ensure this?

- As far as I understand Buckminster will automatically run the builder if it's added to the .project file, since it uses a real eclipse workspace. Is that correct?

Thank you for your help.
Tobias
Re: Using custom builders [message #868653 is a reply to message #868566] Wed, 02 May 2012 10:49 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Tobias,

On 05/02/2012 10:26 AM, Tobias Bertelsen wrote:
> Hey there.
>
> I'm redesigning our company's build procedure for an Eclipse RCP product. We are doing nightly builds on Jenkins.
>
> As a part of this I find writing our own builder eclipse builder to be useful (using the
> org.eclipse.core.resources.builders extension point). I'm however in doubt whether that will work with the Buckminster
> headless build on the Jenkins server.

It will work provided that all needed plug-ins has been installed into the Buckminster runtime. Buckminster performs a
real workspace build using the exact same builders as are used in the IDE.

> In the BuckyBook I only see how to call my own ant script, but I can't find any info on custom implemented builders.
>
>
> - I expect that I at least have to ensure my our plugin is added to the eclipse installation that the headless
> Buckminster uses. Is there anybody who has experience in how to ensure this?
>
I would recommend that you create a feature that includes your plug-in. Make it available in a p2 repository and then
install it into your headless buckminster using the p2 director.

> - As far as I understand Buckminster will automatically run the builder if it's added to the .project file, since it
> uses a real eclipse workspace. Is that correct?
>
Yes.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren
Previous Topic:[solved] RCP Build fails
Next Topic:Import Lastest Feature as part of TP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:06:40 GMT 2024