Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Mark Occurrences and Write Occurrences checked as highlighted NOT working
icon13.gif  Mark Occurrences and Write Occurrences checked as highlighted NOT working [message #866342] Mon, 30 April 2012 21:10 Go to next message
Karsten Wutzke is currently offline Karsten WutzkeFriend
Hello,

I no longer get occurrences of the highlighted text in the editor anymore. I think I noticed that some time after a software update, but I can't revert due to failure in the process to do so.

I checked this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1209423/how-to-fix-mark-occurrences-in-eclipse
Quote:
Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors > Annotations

In here compare the settings for 'Occurrences' and 'Write Occurrences'

You probably don't have the 'Text as higlighted' option checked

Both options (Occurrences and Write Occurrences) are checked and "Text as" highlighted.

Are there any others here who are experiencing this nasty problem?

Which component is responsible so I can find the version report this?

Karsten

PS: Evil or Very Mad Mad

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2012 21:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mark Occurrences and Write Occurrences checked as highlighted NOT working [message #866372 is a reply to message #866342] Mon, 30 April 2012 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Wutzke is currently offline Karsten WutzkeFriend
Sorry, but this is a very bad keyboard shortcut:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10310597/cannot-highlight-all-occurrences-of-a-selected-word-in-eclipse

I frequently use Ctrl-Shift-O to adjust the imports, I must have hit Alt instead. It's working again now.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2012 21:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mark Occurrences and Write Occurrences checked as highlighted NOT working [message #1005427 is a reply to message #866372] Fri, 25 January 2013 11:54 Go to previous message
Ian Moore is currently offline Ian MooreFriend
Mark Occurrences is sort of working, but I have to continually re-enable it, so losing focus to this browser to type this message and returning back to eclipse, occurrences are no longer marked. If I disable occurences and re-enable, they come back again.

Version: 4.3.0
Build id: I20121214-0730

I appreciate this is a dev build (got so fed up with the performance issues of 4.2), not really sure where to feed this info back to, so I'm starting with here!
Previous Topic:Eclipse PDE compatibility layer 3.3 to 4.2 migration
Next Topic:Adding variables to Java editor templates?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:36:15 GMT 2024