Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » BIRT 3.7.2: Unable to access the data from outer data set using row._outer<column-name>(Unable to access the data from outer data set using row._outer<column-name>)
BIRT 3.7.2: Unable to access the data from outer data set using row._outer<column-name> [message #858786] Fri, 27 April 2012 09:47 Go to next message
Nitesh Gupta is currently offline Nitesh GuptaFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2012
Junior Member
We are currently migrating to BIRT 3.7.2 from BIRT 2.3. We are facing one common issue with all report designs. Wherever we have a enclosed grid/table referring to a data set bound to an enclosing list, it gived an error saying:
Invalid bound column name: <column-name>.
In all such places we have referred to outer data set column using "row._outer".

Another important fact is that when we used BIRT 3.7 the reports were migrated easily without making any changes.

Any insights would be of great help here!

[Updated on: Fri, 27 April 2012 09:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: BIRT 3.7.2: Unable to access the data from outer data set using row._outer&lt;column-name&am [message #859932 is a reply to message #858786] Fri, 27 April 2012 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Can you post one of the examples?

Jason

On 4/27/2012 5:47 AM, Nitesh Gupta wrote:
> We are currently migrating to BIRT 3.7.2 from BIRT 2.3. We are facing
> one common issue with all report designs. Wherever we have a enclosed
> grid/table referring to a data set bound to an enclosing list, it gived
> an error saying:
> Invalid bound column name: <column-name>.
> In all such places we have referred to outer data set column using
> "row._outer".
>
> Another important fact is that when we used BIRT 3.7 the reports were
> migrated easily without making any changes.
Re: BIRT 3.7.2: Unable to access the data from outer data set using row._outer&lt;column-name&am [message #869801 is a reply to message #859932] Fri, 04 May 2012 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitesh Gupta is currently offline Nitesh GuptaFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2012
Junior Member
Apologies for late response, as we were facing an out of memory issue with 3.7.2 eclipse while testing it.
I have attached the sample report design.
Re: BIRT 3.7.2: Unable to access the data from outer data set using row._outer&amp;lt;column-nam [message #869879 is a reply to message #869801] Fri, 04 May 2012 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Nitesh,

Can you open a bugzilla entry with your example report?

Jason

On 5/4/2012 6:57 AM, Nitesh Gupta wrote:
> Apologies for late response, as we were facing an out of memory issue with 3.7.2 eclipse while testing it.
> I have attached the sample report design.
Re: BIRT 3.7.2: Unable to access the data from outer data set using row._outer&amp;lt;column-nam [message #870153 is a reply to message #869879] Mon, 07 May 2012 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitesh Gupta is currently offline Nitesh GuptaFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2012
Junior Member
Created a Bugzilla entry Bug 377905. I have also uploaded the sample report design.
Re: BIRT 3.7.2: Unable to access the data from outer data set using row._outer&amp;amp;lt;column [message #870322 is a reply to message #870153] Mon, 07 May 2012 16:05 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Thanks for posting the bug number.

Jason

On 5/7/2012 12:59 AM, Nitesh Gupta wrote:
> Created a Bugzilla entry Bug 377905. I have also uploaded the sample
> report design.
Previous Topic:javascript to iterate through a dataset to find a value?
Next Topic:BIRT and MSSQL: No suitable driver found for jdbc:
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jan 29 15:52:49 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01364 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top