Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [solved] Symbol could not be resolved
[solved] Symbol could not be resolved [message #854416] Tue, 24 April 2012 00:04 Go to next message
Fil C. is currently offline Fil C.Friend
Hello everyone,

As a complete Eclipse and C++ beginner I know this is a common, already solved, problem but have only found solutions regarding including the MinGW paths which I had already done.

Let me just say Eclipse was working perfectly the previous days and it was recognizing everything I was doing (newbie stuff like: cout, cin, etc...) until I decided to create two source files in the same project, build them both with a main function tried to fix it only to find that it now does not recognize anything at all.

I deleted the project out of desperation and any new project now gives out the same "Symbol could not be resolved" error and it does not let me build nor run the program differently from other posts I've read.

Thank you for your time.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 April 2012 00:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Symbol could not be resolved [message #854439 is a reply to message #854416] Tue, 24 April 2012 00:41 Go to previous message
Fil C. is currently offline Fil C.Friend
OK I solved it.

You must put source files into a source folder.

Right click the Project in the menu tree on the right
New -> Source Folder
Drag into it the source.cpp files or just create new ones into it.

Previous Topic:Need help getting a fresh Indigo+MinGW install to build and run
Next Topic:make: *** [scd_cmd_1] Error for no reason
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:23:15 GMT 2024