Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Need help getting a fresh Indigo+MinGW install to build and run(Solved.)
Need help getting a fresh Indigo+MinGW install to build and run [message #854181] Mon, 23 April 2012 18:46
Fred Duff is currently offline Fred DuffFriend
So I just installed Eclipse for the first time in my life (Indigo). I then installed MinGW with Msys.

Run Eclipse, create the Hello World tutorial project. iostream namespace unresolved.

So I manually added C:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.6.2\include\c++ to Paths and Symbols of my project properties.

When I try to build, it says "Build error occurred, build is stopped" without any more information.

I tried to run "g++ -IC:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.6.2\include\c++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o testt.o C:\Eclips~1\testt\testt.cpp" in command line and it said "libgmp-10.dll" can not be found. Searched my computer for this DLL and it is untraceable.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: My end goal is to also use Irrlicht with Eclipse to make games. Any advice before I make some mistakes would also be appreciated!

Edit2: The last version of MinGW was causing all this trouble. I installed the previous version and it fixed everything. Didn't even need to add the includes myself this time.

Now going forward and will try to use Irrlicht.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 April 2012 19:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Breakpoints unreliable in multithreaded program
Next Topic:[solved] Symbol could not be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:51:18 GMT 2024