Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » having trouble configuring platform.xml with multiple sites(having trouble configuring platform.xml with multiple sites)
having trouble configuring platform.xml with multiple sites [message #851008] Fri, 20 April 2012 14:55
justin georgeson is currently offline justin georgesonFriend
For our builds we setup a P2 repo that has the Eclipse/Equinox and thirdparty plugins we need. We set base to this repo in pdebuild.properties and then compile (core.antRunner on pdebuild.xml) and publish (FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher) to this P2 repo. During the day when we do incremental builds (only rebuild plugins with updated source code, and the plugins that depend on those with updated source code) we publish to the same repo. So we have up to 4 builds of a given plugin in the P2 repo. When we run unit tests, we setup a configuration folder with a platform.xml that lists 2 sites: platform:/base/ (the P2 repo with the Equinox launcher and related plugins and our builds) and the local build output folder. The problem is that with maddening consistency it will run the oldest build of the plugin instead of our local build. We use this template

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config date="1305823480370" transient="true" version="3.0">
   <site enabled="true" policy="USER-EXCLUDE" updateable="true" url="platform:/base/"/>
   <site enabled="true" policy="USER-EXCLUDE" updateable="true" url="@ANT_OSGI_BUILD_OUTPUT_URL@"/>
</config>

And replace ANT_OSGI_BUILD_OUTPUT_URL with a filterset on the copy task in our Ant script. I see that I should be able to use the list attribute to exclude the plugin I'm building/testing from the platform:/base/ site but I can't get the right syntax ( a little documentation of the proper syntax would be nice).
Previous Topic:http authentication for p2.mirror task?
Next Topic:conflict of dependencies and p2.inf
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:05:15 GMT 2024