Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Newbie question: Simple Generator creation question(How to create a generator file)
Newbie question: Simple Generator creation question [message #850930] Fri, 20 April 2012 13:30 Go to next message
Alain Lavoie is currently offline Alain LavoieFriend
Hi,

I am using the latest Acceleo 3.2 eclipse software, retrieved from the
Help-­>"Install model components".

I am using the Tutorial Acceleo 2.6: Architect Tutorial.
As the tutorial drives me to create a generator file (xhtml.mt),
I cannot find the File > New > Empty Generator, or any Generator similar
menu items.

What changed in the Acceleo since the tutorial release, or am I missing a plugin ?

Thanks

(Merci)
Re: Newbie question: Simple Generator creation question [message #850964 is a reply to message #850930] Fri, 20 April 2012 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Alain,

The latest 3.x stream of Acceleo is way too different from the "old" 2.x stream to re-use the same documentation. Please use the material available from the Eclipse wiki for documentation on Acceleo 3, most notably the Getting Started guide.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Newbie question: Simple Generator creation question [message #850977 is a reply to message #850964] Fri, 20 April 2012 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks.
Re: Newbie question: Simple Generator creation question [message #855424 is a reply to message #850964] Tue, 24 April 2012 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,

Because of stability issues I switched from the Eclipse Modeling MDT
distribution to the latest Topcased integrated environment.
The Acceleo distributed with this bundle is Acceleo 2.8.0.x

Should I try to upgrade to the versions 3.0.x or doing so,
I will unstabilize my platform ?

Regards.
Re: Newbie question: Simple Generator creation question [message #857333 is a reply to message #855424] Thu, 26 April 2012 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

hummm ... IIRC, Topcased also includes a version of Acceleo 3 (for the purposes of GenDoc2). I don't know how it is bundled though.

There are no incompatibilities between the two streams of Acceleo : they use different namespaces. You can have the two in your environment with no problems. You will see menu items named "Acceleo" that can refer to either of the two and will probably have to resort to trial and error to find those corresponding to the 3.x stream ... but that is all I can think of.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Newbie question: Simple Generator creation question [message #857468 is a reply to message #857333] Thu, 26 April 2012 15:08 Go to previous message
@Goubet,

2 Acceleo package available:
Thanks, that explain the two perspectives available from Eclipse.

Regards.
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Tycho build with java service
Next Topic:[Acceleo] How to grab Comments from a class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:08:29 GMT 2024