Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » [Gemini JPA] The Start order of the Domain Bundle is important?(Weird missing import's occour when bundle is not the first)
[Gemini JPA] The Start order of the Domain Bundle is important? [message #850444] Fri, 20 April 2012 03:28 Go to next message
Eduardo Frazão is currently offline Eduardo FrazãoFriend
Hi all. Im using Gemini JPA with Virgo, and if my Domain Bundle is not the first, some Eclipselink class not found exceptions occour when createEntityManagerFactory of EntityManagerFactoryBuilder service is invoked.

Example:

Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.ExtendedClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.persistence.internal.weaving.PersistenceWeaved in KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=br.com.centrocate.weld.domain_1.0.0]

(Importing this class causes other eclipselink classes missing, etc). If I change the deploy order, and put the domain bundle as first, no problem occours, and I dont need to import anything from eclipselink.

Thanks
Eduardo Frazão

[Updated on: Fri, 20 April 2012 03:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Gemini JPA] The Start order of the Domain Bundle is important? [message #850651 is a reply to message #850444] Fri, 20 April 2012 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
I seem to recall someone having problems when refreshing a bundle in Virgo (which is exactly what Gemini JPA will do when the persistence unit bundle is already started before the Gemini JPA bundles). One way you can check is to turn off weaving and set the Gemini refresh option to not refresh and see if the problem goes away.

-Mike
Re: [Gemini JPA] The Start order of the Domain Bundle is important? [message #850833 is a reply to message #850651] Fri, 20 April 2012 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eduardo Frazão is currently offline Eduardo FrazãoFriend
Thanks Mike!
Gemini JPA is always the first Bundle here.
The domain bundle must the first of the "Application bundles", else, this strange missing imports problem occour.
It can be related to weaving process? Another bundle pick a export domain class before it is weaved?
Re: [Gemini JPA] The Start order of the Domain Bundle is important? [message #852054 is a reply to message #850833] Sat, 21 April 2012 16:18 Go to previous message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Gemini JPA will actually refresh the bundle if is is already resolved, so if you keep restarting already-resolved bundles then you might get refreshing as well. I would set the option and see if it works around the refreshing problem. I am going to talk to the Virgo folks next week. I'll see if we can get a better understanding of the integration issues.

-Mike
Previous Topic:Implementation of OSGi Enterprise Transaction Service
Next Topic:Gemini Web 2.1.0.M03
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:25:16 GMT 2024