Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Suggestion for 0.9 (sample/tutorial)
Suggestion for 0.9 (sample/tutorial) [message #848784] Wed, 18 April 2012 15:15 Go to next message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
I see that in 0.9 the DiagramEditor has been refactored, so that its API is more clean and easy to extend. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=336488#c29
That's good news, though I'm not completely happy with some decisions; among other things, it looks to me as if everything has been designed with the "everything in one file" pattern in mind, and other scenarios are still not very easy to implement (extending the public API, in a clean way). Perhaps it's just my impression, I've not taken a deep look at the new code.
In any case, I would like to see some sample implementation (perhaps in the tutorial, or in another sample project) of other scenarios. In particular:
1. "diagram and model in separate files" (after all, this is the recommended setup)
2. "model only" (all is in the model, the diagram is created on the fly and never persisted to a file)
Re: Suggestion for 0.9 (sample/tutorial) [message #848955 is a reply to message #848784] Wed, 18 April 2012 18:46 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
These are good suggestions, would you please file them as enhancement bugzillas?

Thanks,
Michael
Previous Topic:Connection select all question
Next Topic:Search within a diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:16:52 GMT 2024