Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Problem updating latest Android Development Tools...
Problem updating latest Android Development Tools... [message #846920] Mon, 16 April 2012 21:53 Go to next message
Scott Jones is currently offline Scott JonesFriend
Hi, first I'l like to apologise for probably putting this in the wrong section of the forum :/ I have tried to find a devoted android forum but failed to do so...

Heres the problem..

started up eclipse after a week away yesterday to be greeted with the following message...

"This android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit 17.0.0 or above.

Current version is 16.0.1vblahblahblah

Please update ADT to latest version"

Now I have updated the android SDK to the latest versions using the standalone update manager (it wont let me access it through eclipse itself, tells me its pointing to the wrong folder in preferences - which its not), this didn't help

I have now gone to update eclipse itself with the latest Android development tools (version 18) and other updates and its getting so far and just stopping every time.
It seems to be when its trying to fetch the android development tools and I keep getting stuck with the following screen....

i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii61/scottj15_2008/error.png

This was left on over night last night and in the morning no progress. I then started it again before going out and 4 hours later still no progress from this stage..

can anyone please shine any light and/or solutions for this problem as it is really getting me behind schedule now

many thanks in advance

Scott

Re: Problem updating latest Android Development Tools... [message #847794 is a reply to message #846920] Tue, 17 April 2012 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Eclipse forums do not provide Android support. You need to use the support mechanisms provided by Google.
Re: Problem updating latest Android Development Tools... [message #892673 is a reply to message #847794] Fri, 29 June 2012 06:42 Go to previous message
Nick Johnson is currently offline Nick JohnsonFriend
You have to find some other android support mechanism,,, eclipse will be of no use for u...
Previous Topic: creating xml schema from the above java code
Next Topic:Resolving polymorphic calls
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:59:17 GMT 2024