Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » p2 "binary" folder(Under indigo, "binary" folder is not created)
p2 "binary" folder [message #844010] Fri, 13 April 2012 15:45 Go to next message
Chauncey Xu is currently offline Chauncey XuFriend
Hi,

We're migrating from Galileo to Indigo. Under Galileo the p2 repository generated contains a "binary" folder, probably because the main feature contains a product definition file? Now with Indigo the "binary" folder is missing from p2 repository.

Before digging deep I wonder if anyone has suggestions what dictates the creation of the binary folder?

Thanks!
Re: p2 "binary" folder [message #846615 is a reply to message #844010] Mon, 16 April 2012 09:06 Go to previous message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend

Quote:
Before digging deep I wonder if anyone has suggestions what dictates the creation of the binary folder?

Normally binary folder contains "root files" attached by a feature (naming is ${featureName}_root_${featureVersion}).
I my case it's an SDK feature which attaches legal files (epl-v10.html, notice.html) to the target eclipse installation. The file contribution is set up in the feature's build.properties file:
root=rootfiles

This mean zip all files contained in the /rootfiles folder and save it as zip file named my.sdk.feature_root_version. During the installation this zip file will be extracted into the target eclipse installation folder.

Regards,
Dennis.

+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Previous Topic:Sorry for multiple posts
Next Topic:Materialize from SVN branch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:46:16 GMT 2024