Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Classpath Variable does not Persist
Classpath Variable does not Persist [message #842781] Thu, 12 April 2012 16:04
tyler james is currently offline tyler jamesFriend
CONTEXT:
I am recent CS major/new-hire JRules developer who is new to Java/Eclipse, so bear with me. I do not know if this is an Eclipse or Rule Studio issue [if either].

Windows 7 64-bit

SOFTWARE:
Eclipse Ganymede 3.4.2
Rule Studio 7.1.1.3
ClearCase SCM Adapter 7.6.0.0

ISSUE:
There is a project within one of my Eclipse workspaces that relies on a handful of jars. These jars' locations are define by the ILOG_BR_STUDIO_HOME classpath variable. Upon opening my workspace, erros arise in the project because the jars cannot be found -- the ILOG_BR_STUDIO_HOME variable points to a file location that does not exist on my system.
I edit the path of ILOG_BR_STUDIO_HOME to the correct file location, save, rebuild, and everything is gravy. The errors disappear. When I close Eclipse and reopen the workspace, the value of ILOG_BR_STUDIO_HOME has reverted to its previous [incorrect] path, and the errors are reintroduced.
I have tried editing our workspace preferences file [which initializes the ILOG_BR_STUDIO variable], creating a new workspace, and importing these preferences, but the issue still remains.

Incorrect path: ../studio/eclipse/plugins/ilog.rul
Correct path: C:/Program Files (x86)/IBM/WebSphereILOGJRules711/studio

I am assuming that the variable is getting initialized somehow, somewhere, outside of this preferences file; and that this initialization is occuring at each Eclipse start-up. Has anyone experienced an issue such as is? Or does anyone know where/how classpath variables are initialized? Again, I am new to a lot of these concepts, so I apologize if my question comes across as naive.

Thank you in advance,
Tyler
Previous Topic:unable to connect to update repositories
Next Topic:Classpath Variable does not Persist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:46:17 GMT 2024