Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse RT (runtime) » OSGi ClassDefNotFound with 3.7.2, but not 3.7.0(Equinox Runtime compatability issue / question)
OSGi ClassDefNotFound with 3.7.2, but not 3.7.0 [message #841991] Wed, 11 April 2012 23:13
Scott Valentine is currently offline Scott ValentineFriend
I have been running several DS bundles in an equinox runtime for quite a while without issue using the 3.7.0 version of the org.eclipse.osgi jar. However, I recently made code changes, and the new depoyment was built using Eclipse 4.1. The main runnable jar export linked to the newer equinox runtime bundle version 3.7.2.

This led to several ClassDefNotFound exceptions while referencing the exception class org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM, which is part of the java rt.jar (I'm using openJDK-1.6.0-b24 x86_64). After pulling my hair out for a couple of days, I finally noticed the OSGi version difference, reverted to the 3.7.0 bundle, and the problem disappeared.

Any suggestions on how I can begin tracking down the root cause of this? I can't imagine why a runtime class would be inaccessable.

Thanks,
-Scott V.
Previous Topic:Eclipse crash
Next Topic:Eclipse ceased loading on mac os
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:25:12 GMT 2024