Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Correct Pattern for contributing Outline Page
Correct Pattern for contributing Outline Page [message #841888] Wed, 11 April 2012 20:43
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi all,

For Virgo, we want to support an outline for the Server editor. First, I'm surprised that this isn't provided OOTB. Perhaps there is something we need to implement that we haven't? I also couldn't find any extension points to plug into the outline provider.

I was able to adapt generically for the server editor to our own outline page implementation, e.g.:

<extension
        point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.adapters">
      <factory
            adaptableType="org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.editor.ServerEditor"
            class="org.eclipse.virgo.ide.runtime.internal.ui.editor.VirgoEditorAdapterFactory">
         <adapter
               type="org.eclipse.ui.views.contentoutline.IContentOutlinePage">
         </adapter>
      </factory>
</extension>

But then when implementing the adapter itself, I discovered that there doesn't seem to be any easy way in API to determine what the server type is? Neutral So if I implement this, I'm going to really be providing an outline view for any server editors, which of course we shouldn't be doing.

What if anything is the pattern for this? Ideally, WTP would provide an outline with a parent node for each page and then perhaps allow page contributions to provide a content provider or something..

cheers,

Miles
Previous Topic:How to debug Javascript using JSDT & Maven?
Next Topic:HTTP request after server startup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:49:56 GMT 2024