Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Read an unsaved value
Read an unsaved value [message #841702] Wed, 11 April 2012 16:38 Go to next message
Snakebyte Missing name is currently offline Snakebyte Missing nameFriend
Another problem using GMF.

Lets assume i got a reference between two files A and B.
This is a simple reference defined in EMF.

Now i change an attribute in an Object in File A in the graphical editor.
How can i access this unsaved value ? For example if i want to see it in File B ?
Is it necessary that i perform a save here ?
Or is it possible to retrieve unsaved values ?

Greetings
Re: Read an unsaved value [message #841765 is a reply to message #841702] Wed, 11 April 2012 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The background for the question is the following. I have a use-case where i created a metamodel which is used for severeal files.
Several objects in this model can create relations to other objects in other files created from the same model using the load resource option.

If for example the identification attribute of one node changes this would not appear in the properties view with the new value, but with the old saved one.

Is it possible to change this ?

In another use case the referencing objects, set some of their attributes depending on the referenced object. This is only changed in the editor or property view if the containing resource of the reference is saved.

Isnt it possible to keep a consistent data, correctly shown, between these resources without saving ?

Or really short : How can i make other opened editors sensitive to unsaved changes made in any other open editor ? For example if i set a property in File A, which sets a property in FileB.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 April 2012 19:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Read an unsaved value [message #841896 is a reply to message #841765] Wed, 11 April 2012 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doing some investigation on this i think what i need is a sharedEditingDomain accross all my opened models.

I already looked at the post in the GMF wiki, but this seems to explain how to do this when using severel meta models.

I want to use just one meta-modell. is there any explanation on this ?
Re: Read an unsaved value [message #842081 is a reply to message #841896] Thu, 12 April 2012 01:38 Go to previous message
i have done it using a SharedEditingDomain.

Anyway this seem to throw some new strange exceptions.
Try to investigate it self first.
Previous Topic:Renaming GMF Resource Files
Next Topic:Override GMF source code to change diagram <-> text parsing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:43:30 GMT 2024