Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Simple example of wrapping the diagram editor for a standalone Graphiti-based file editor?
Simple example of wrapping the diagram editor for a standalone Graphiti-based file editor? [message #840073] Mon, 09 April 2012 16:26
Brian Fitzpatrick is currently offline Brian FitzpatrickFriend
Hi all...

I've been diving into the forums with a vengeance but haven't seen a good example of what I'm trying to accomplish. I have some complex ones, but I need something basic to start from so I can wrap my head around it...

What I have is a diagram type for a particular XML config file.

What I want to do is wrap that diagram type in a standalone editor so it works like other editors in Eclipse. So if I open my config file, it automatically creates the diagram under the covers and opens it. And any edits I make via property pages or adding/removing/changing objects in the diagram show up in the EMF-based model and get persisted back out to the original configuration file when I save.

Does anyone have a good example of this? Am I just missing it somehow? Perhaps my Google-fu is weak?

Thanks in advance. I've been enjoying learning Graphiti btw. It offers a nice way to develop graphical editors pretty quickly.

--Fitz
Previous Topic:SVG export clipping text
Next Topic:Diagram layouts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:37:49 GMT 2024