Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Empty workspace(Reinstalled eclipse and workspace is now empty.)
Empty workspace [message #838233] Fri, 06 April 2012 19:25 Go to next message
Chris McFarlane is currently offline Chris McFarlaneFriend
I had to delete and reinstall eclipse. I entered the path to the same workspace directory I was previously using, except none of my projects are showing in Package Explorer. I double checked and all files and folders are intact and in the workspace directory. Does anyone know how I can get eclipse to recognize them? Thank you in advance.
Re: Empty workspace [message #849593 is a reply to message #838233] Thu, 19 April 2012 09:26 Go to previous message
Johan B. is currently offline Johan B.Friend
I currently have the same problem, though I forgot what exactly happened... one thing was, the path of my workspace changed, so Eclipse startet using a new, empty workspace. I tried to switch back to my old workspace, which seemed to be intact and complete. Eclipse then did load my old workspace settings, even the tomcat server with the correct project being deployed to it. But I cant see my projects in the project exlorer nor anything in the navigator. When i try to import my old projects, Eclipse says they alrady exist in the workspace, which is true, but not very helpful since i cant see them. What can I do?

Creating a new workspace and importing the old projects seems to work, but all projects then where broken (like imports couldnt be found and stuff). I dont really want to go through this.

Edit: info about my eclipse installation:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

[Updated on: Thu, 19 April 2012 09:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Debug Error
Next Topic:SVN window, black background color driving me nuts, please help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:46:56 GMT 2024