Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Multi-user mysql database(Connect a multi-user mysql database to Jubula)
Multi-user mysql database [message #836502] Wed, 04 April 2012 15:06 Go to next message
Kollin Krause is currently offline Kollin KrauseFriend
Hello Everybody!

I will using a multi-user mysql database for Jubula. I install an MySql community Server 64-bit successfully on my Server.

At next i will to establish a connection to Jubula. To achieve these goal, it's necessary in --> Window --> Preferences --> Test --> Database Connections ... to configure a database connection ... it's done.

The next point (--> Test --> Select Database...) i choose the configured database and enter the username and password.

After the dialog i get the following message:

Database: Connection... has encountered a problem.

Exception[EclipseLink-4003](Eclipse Persistence Service - 2.3.2.v20111125-r10461):
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Exception Description: Configuration error. Class [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] not found.

As a consequence, the connection to Database failed!

Any ideas or hints what can be the problem?

Thanks!
Re: Multi-user mysql database [message #836530 is a reply to message #836502] Wed, 04 April 2012 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Are you using Eclipse for Testers or the Jubula feature in your IDE? If so you have to install the third party DB drivers (see the section on additional software on the Jubula download page.

Otherwise there might be a configuration problem with MySQL. We don't test Jubula on MySQL and my own knowledge of it is limited. You may scan the forum for other threads where setting up unsupported DBs is discussed.

Achim
Re: Multi-user mysql database [message #837017 is a reply to message #836530] Thu, 05 April 2012 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your fast answer Achim!

I use Jubula feature in my IDE and i install the Jubula DB drivers. I repeat the above points and get another error message like this:

Database: Connection... has encountered a problem.

Exception[EclipseLink-4003](Eclipse Persistence Service - 2.3.2.v20111125-r10461):
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException

Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitalbe driver found for jdbc:mysql://Hostname:Port/Database Error Code:0

I scan the forum for other theads with the same problem ... but the problem is not resolved with mysql. In this forum topic they switched to PostGreSQL.

Any other ideas what can i do?
Re: Multi-user mysql database [message #837299 is a reply to message #837017] Thu, 05 April 2012 13:49 Go to previous message
I have resolved the problem.
In my case the user had no permission to access the database, because the user in mysql were wrong configured.

Kollin
Previous Topic:Check for extended information of components
Next Topic:Jubula with JavaFX?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:16:21 GMT 2024