Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Managed GNU Make Builder overflows shell in Windows
Managed GNU Make Builder overflows shell in Windows [message #835763] Tue, 03 April 2012 16:38 Go to next message
Josh Davidson is currently offline Josh DavidsonFriend
Have a largish C++ project that I'm trying to get building as a static libary in Windows 7 using MinGW and
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

I would like to use the GNU Make Builder to get the generated Makefiles. However, when I use the make builder, it overflows the character limit for the shell when invoking ar.exe. What happens is you see ar.exe followed by a huge list of object files and then the command will fail attempting to load a partial file name. Changing options in the build will get it to fail on a different partial file name, so clearly the command is getting truncated.

Any suggestions on how to work around this? If we switch to the internal builder, the job does complete ok, but we need to use the GNU make builder.
Re: Managed GNU Make Builder overflows shell in Windows [message #837591 is a reply to message #835763] Thu, 05 April 2012 21:45 Go to previous message
Josh Davidson is currently offline Josh DavidsonFriend
Unfortunate: Bug #72965 (can't link)

Looks like it's a long standing shortcoming.
Previous Topic:How to set project defaults
Next Topic:Color on disassembly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:17:41 GMT 2024