Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problem with SysML diagrams
Problem with SysML diagrams [message #835708] Tue, 03 April 2012 15:22
MHarut H is currently offline MHarut HFriend
Hi,

I am currently trying to use the Papyrus GMF-Diagrams (UML and SysML) independently of the Papyrus perspective and editors. This is necessary, as I am restricted to some degree by the application I'm trying to use this in (e.g. I cannot use any *.uml or *.di files, but only the EMF Diagram object).

Hence, I extended the UML EClass Model, such that it can contain a GMF diagram. Whenever the user selects a certain diagram type, my implementation will create the diagram, add it to the model and open it in an editor. The editor is somewhat similar to the one that will be generated by GMF, with minor modifications to actually work with the Papyrus diagrams (one editor for every diagram type, as usual).

Basically, this approach works: All UML diagrams work, as well as showing the proper palettes and creating elements while adding them to the UML model. To do so, I simply access the PreferencesHint for the corresponding diagrams (from the Papyrus plug-ins) and create the diagrams using ViewService.

However, this doesn't work for the SysML diagrams. While I was able to get the Parametric diagram running, this approach won't work for any other SysML diagram. First of all, the PreferencesHints aren't accessible, as the required packages aren't exported from the Papyrus plug-ins. Apart from that, I was still able to create the correct diagrams (I checked it in Debug-Mode), but the palettes aren't showing properly. During debugging I detected, that only the parametric palette is detected, but none of the other SysML palettes. Hence, I am not able to create any elements in that diagram. I did try to solve this by checking the Papyrus plug-ins, and it seems that SysML palettes are defined in a different way than the UML palettes, is that correct? I tried to do this with the blockdefinition.palette.xml in my own plug-in, also using the "org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common.paletteDefinition" extension-point, but this didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am using Eclipse Helios (the application requires that it's not Indigo for now) and the MDT Papyrus (All) feature, version 0.7.3.

Also, from time to time I get a PermGen: Out of Memory Error for no apparent reason. Sometimes it appears when opening the diagram, sometimes when adding elements to the diagram, sometimes there's no error at all. Any idea where this is coming from?

I've been working on this for quite some time now and seem to be stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.
Previous Topic:contribution to Papyrus perspective
Next Topic:SysML support to generated customized code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:55:50 GMT 2024