Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Need help with Eclipse ADT (Android Developer Tools)
Need help with Eclipse ADT (Android Developer Tools) [message #834820] Mon, 02 April 2012 12:47 Go to next message
Frank Høvin is currently offline Frank HøvinFriend
I've been using Eclipse and ADT with the Android SDK for a while - version 1.6. Then I upgraded to version 1.7, and nothing works as it should anymore.

I used to be able to connect a project to an AVD (virtual device), and then after it was started, every time I ran the project it ran on that device.

Now, every time I run the project a new AVD is started, which makes it completely useless since it takes several minutes for an AVD to start. Also, I run the project very often, and having to close the AVD after every run is a killer.

Also, the size of the AVD is now set, and no matter what dimensions I chose for it in the settings it's still the same size and resolution. Creating a new AVD and tying the project to this makes no difference at all.

Any ideas? Is the 1.7 version of the Android SDK completely retarded, or is there something wrong with my installation of the SDK, Eclipse or the ADT? Any hints/suggestions are appreciated.
Re: Need help with Eclipse ADT (Android Developer Tools) [message #834831 is a reply to message #834820] Mon, 02 April 2012 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

Hi,

Have you read through the sticky at the top of this forum? It contains a few links that may be useful.

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/225513/

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Need help with Eclipse ADT (Android Developer Tools) [message #834834 is a reply to message #834831] Mon, 02 April 2012 13:04 Go to previous message
Frank Høvin is currently offline Frank HøvinFriend
Sorry about that, then. Can an admin please delete my post and account on this forum?
Previous Topic:Java RCP App: Menu disabling when changing perspective with same view
Next Topic:can't run applet with .html file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:45:19 GMT 2024