Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Create GMF tooling to instantiate an object via a non-containment relationship
Create GMF tooling to instantiate an object via a non-containment relationship [message #834791] Mon, 02 April 2012 12:00 Go to next message
Elvis Dowson is currently offline Elvis DowsonFriend
Hi,
In the attached MindMap EMF meta-model diagram, the Resource class is contained by the Map class. The Thread class is contained by the Topic class.

index.php/fa/7731/0/

I want to be able to create a GMF generated graphical editor, with a link tool for creating a new Thread, by clicking on a comments link tool, from a palette, clicking on the Resource and dragging it down, and be presented with an option to create a new Thread object.

The comments relationship is not a containment relationship, so how should I set up my link mapping to be able to get the comments link tool to correctly create the Thread object, which gets contained by an existing Topic object, and the comments link is set to the newly created Thread?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson
Re: Create GMF tooling to instantiate an object via a non-containment relationship [message #837856 is a reply to message #834791] Fri, 06 April 2012 07:23 Go to previous message
Elvis Dowson is currently offline Elvis DowsonFriend
Hi,
I found the solution to this one. This was trivial, I just had to define a new link in my gmfmap file, and specify the following properties
- target
- diagram node
- creation tool

This would create a new link tool, which would allow me to instantiate an object, via an association link.

Elvis Dowson
Previous Topic:GMF UI fill error
Next Topic:Bug: object doesn't appear in GMF diagram editor, but is created in Ecore model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:10:31 GMT 2024