Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse reduced as Editor(I want to create a project, where you start with a reduced version, to create commentarys from an exercise, before you start coding)
Eclipse reduced as Editor [message #834733] Mon, 02 April 2012 10:27 Go to next message
Andreas Rothkegel is currently offline Andreas RothkegelFriend
Hi,

I am planing a project right now, where I want to start an Editor with a given text - like an exercise as known in school in computer sience.

There, you should be able to mark up text, use commentary and later translate these to the "real" eclipse environment.

For that it would be perfect, if you could use eclipse (as an editor) for the first part, too.

I would love, if you can have a view/perspective/x where that you don't see anything but the text and maybe some Buttons I create by myself (change color theme, x, x, Ready->to the code)

Can you answer me,

if that(reducing eclipse so the only thing you see is the text and my buttons) will be possible with eclipse or if I would have to go to some other kinds of tools. Since I want to change a lot to the way the editor would work, I would need a very powerful editor nonetheless.

What I need to do in the eclipse community to do everything right?

Thats all for it now, I would be very grateful if you can aid me here.
Thanks in advance,
Andreas

[Updated on: Mon, 02 April 2012 10:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse reduced as Editor [message #837141 is a reply to message #834733] Thu, 05 April 2012 10:08 Go to previous message
Andreas Rothkegel is currently offline Andreas RothkegelFriend
Hello,
I really need help.

Is it possible to start eclipse in a reduced way so that I have full control about what the user sees and can do?
- that is the main Question.

I thought it should be, since eclipse is plug-in based and you could decide, which plugin is loaded and which isnt.
But I dont know, how and where to start.
Previous Topic:Getting Charts in the View of Eclipse 3.2
Next Topic:configure GDB for eclipse to use BDI2000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:41:18 GMT 2024