Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » SVN with Remote Host(can the files residing on remote host be kept on SVN repository)
SVN with Remote Host [message #834561] Mon, 02 April 2012 05:06 Go to next message
Mahesh Maney is currently offline Mahesh ManeyFriend
Hi,

I would like to know if i can setup SVN for the files that are residing on a remote Host. Eclipse has been customized to fetch the Remote files via CIFS (mapped network drive). Modifications happen on eclipse, Saving, building the project(compiling) and debuggin happens on the remote host and response is returned to eclipse on windows XP. I would like to integrate SVN. The limitations of SVN is that it can only add files that are residing locally to the repository. In case of Remote files, how do i go about ? Could anyone direct me on this issue please?

Eclipse : Indigo
Re: SVN with Remote Host [message #834601 is a reply to message #834561] Mon, 02 April 2012 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi,

Unless I misunderstand your question, it seems rather SVN specific (i.e. not Buckminster related). My recommendation is
therefore that you contact the people in charge of Subversive, or perhaps the Subclipse guys over at tigris.org.

http://eclipse.org/subversive/mailinglists.php
http://subclipse.tigris.org/ds/viewForumSummary.do?dsForumId=1047

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

On 04/02/2012 07:06 AM, Mahesh Maney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if i can setup SVN for the files that are residing on a remote Host. Eclipse has been customized to
> fetch the Remote files via CIFS (mapped network drive). Modifications happen on eclipse, Saving, building the
> project(compiling) and debuggin happens on the remote host and response is returned to eclipse on windows XP. I would
> like to integrate SVN. The limitations of SVN is that it can only add files that are residing locally to the repository.
> In case of Remote files, how do i go about ? Could anyone direct me on this issue please?
>
> Eclipse : Indigo
> OS : Windows XP/ SP3
Re: SVN with Remote Host [message #834629 is a reply to message #834601] Mon, 02 April 2012 07:33 Go to previous message
Mahesh Maney is currently offline Mahesh ManeyFriend
oops, my mistake Very Happy
Can i move this thread to SVN please ?
Previous Topic:mailapp product installation
Next Topic:Unresolved bundles when using Buckminster for plugin and/or RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:58:37 GMT 2024