Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » I want to contribute to eclipse sse line completion but the content assist framework is internal(All of the goodies which I need to use is under package org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.contentassist)
I want to contribute to eclipse sse line completion but the content assist framework is internal [message #832585] Fri, 30 March 2012 10:14
Hoze Nadav is currently offline Hoze NadavFriend
Hi,

I'm developing my own editor which is basically a xml editor with enhanced capabilities (something like spring editor or pom editor).
I saw that the correct and easy way to do so is to use the eclipse wtp sse extension points mechanism.
So I did all of that and now I have a working xml editor with all of the out of the box xml editing capabilities.
Now I want to contribute to the line completion and add my own completions so I use the org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.completionProposal extension point, but when I want to know what xml node I'm at and verify other model related stuff I cannot do so without accessing the org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.contentassist.

I could implement my own scanner but the it misses the whole point of using the sse, plus it's huge overhead.

please let me know if I'm missing something, or it's OK to use it.

Thanks,
Previous Topic:Entity Bean Generation from Postgres 8.4 database
Next Topic:Stop Eclipse from automatically relaunching application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:15:17 GMT 2024