Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Build GMF on top of my Xtext Project
Build GMF on top of my Xtext Project [message #829500] Mon, 26 March 2012 11:20 Go to next message
Heinz Huber is currently offline Heinz HuberFriend
Hi,

i want to build GMF on top my finished Xtext project.
I found the following part of the documentation which helped me a little bit:
http://www.eclipse.org/Xtext/documentation/2_1_0/210-emf-integration.php

I installed all ne needed tools and all that stuff, but then i got stuck.

Quote:
Then we let Xtext generate the language infrastructure. From the derived Ecore model and its generator model, we generated the edit plug-in (needed by GMF) and added some fancier icons.

From the GMF side, we followed the default procedure and created a gmfgraph model, a gmftool model and a gmfmap model referring to the Ecore model derived form the Xtext grammar. We changed some settings in the gmfgen model derived by GMF from the gmfmap model, namely to enable printing and to enable validation and validation decorators. Then we generated the diagram editor.

That sounds very simple ... but i got stuck Sad

Generate the language infrastructure is the normal building thing of a xtext project, right? And after that point of the instructions i am done. No idea how to go on ...

Using google and the search function in this board doesn't help me fix that problem. Maybe someone of you could make me understand what i have to do ...
Or is there something like a "instruction for idiots"? Which got more details than this one.

If it is necessary to know -> My Xtext project is finished. With validations, quickfixes, formatter and all the things which are said some sentences before the posted ones.

Thanks in advance! Smile

EDIT:
I found some information, that GMF isn't updated any more. And the last version where GMF is build for is Eclipse 3.6. Is that right or is it possible to use the new version of Eclipse now?

EDIT #2:
Edit #1 was true for me. With Eclipse 3.6 the expected options show up! I found a link which is a bit more specific than the thing i posted above. I will try the following link tomorrow and let you know if something goes wrong.

http://www.kermeta.org/docs/fr.irisa.triskell.kermeta.samples.fsm.documentation/build/html.chunked/KerMeta-Create-FSM-Graphical-Editor-With-GMF/ch02.html

[Updated on: Tue, 27 March 2012 06:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build GMF on top of my Xtext Project [message #830302 is a reply to message #829500] Tue, 27 March 2012 13:07 Go to previous message
Heinz Huber is currently offline Heinz HuberFriend
Hi,

i worked with the last instruction and got the following questions. Because i want to put them in the GMF board to, i can only post the link!
If someone of you knows a solution to my questions please be so kind and help me! Smile

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/830301/#msg_830301

Thanks in advance! Smile
Previous Topic:Manual linking
Next Topic:keyword in another scope as an ID?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:05:54 GMT 2024