Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse preferences problem(open a search dialog when i select a word using mouse.)
icon4.gif  Eclipse preferences problem [message #827672] Fri, 23 March 2012 16:37 Go to next message
ml ren is currently offline ml renFriend
Hi,all!
when I select a word using mouse in the editor area, the search dialog will display under my editor area. I forget what i do with it. It is very upset when i want to copy a line using the mouse, the eclipse alway pop up a warning:
"The operation is unavailable on the current selection. Please select a valid java element."
A screenshot is provided,hope that help to explain my problem visually.
  • Attachment: eclipse.jpg
    (Size: 48.89KB, Downloaded 296 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 23 March 2012 16:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse preferences problem [message #830705 is a reply to message #827672] Wed, 28 March 2012 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am i the only one running into this problem??
Re: Eclipse preferences problem [message #837681 is a reply to message #830705] Fri, 06 April 2012 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG! no help,no answer!
Re: Eclipse preferences problem [message #841737 is a reply to message #837681] Wed, 11 April 2012 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You might want to give some context to the problem; you haven't actually asked a question and what you have written reads more like an incomplete bug report. Which version are you using? Where did it come from? What were you doing when this first started? What happens if you close the Search view and reopen the Java Editor?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse preferences problem [message #853570 is a reply to message #841737] Mon, 23 April 2012 06:15 Go to previous message
Thank you for your reminder, I should have supply the detailed things about my problem.
I have solved my problem in a rude way . I reinstalled my eclipse and there is no question at all. Althought I still believe that the problem I mentioned should be attributed to the setting stuff.
Previous Topic:how does eclipse debug java codes? it uses which jar classes, thx a lot
Next Topic:Information about JDT index format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:12:13 GMT 2024