Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » [solved] How to check if a variable is already set?(Test Execution Error 7009 when trying to read unset variable)
[solved] How to check if a variable is already set? [message #827566] Fri, 23 March 2012 14:07 Go to next message
Sup SCFriend
What I want to do is to store a variable VAR only if it is not yet filled with a value (Background: its a reused test case where I want to store a value of the first usage in my test suite). For that I tried to use a 'up_app_checkStringValues' which checks:
$VAR not equals ''

I added an 'Check Failed' event to set the VAR to the given VALUE if the check fails (-> if VAR is empty).
But on execution of the test I get a
"7009: Test Execution Error.  Variable with name $VAR is not resolvable."

No problem, I thought, also add a 'Configuration Error' event and everything is fine.
Unfortunately the error still appears, so here it comes to my question:

How would I check if a variable is already set?

[Updated on: Fri, 23 March 2012 14:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to check if a variable is already set? [message #827595 is a reply to message #827566] Fri, 23 March 2012 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sup SCFriend
Never mind, I now use a test case to 'declare' each VAR where I need this functionality, using a data set to initialize these VARs with '' as first step in the test suites.

icon3.gif  Re: How to check if a variable is already set? [message #1437007 is a reply to message #827595] Fri, 03 October 2014 19:19 Go to previous message
Plinio Froener is currently offline Plinio FroenerFriend
Hi SupSC,

Could you show some examples about this here?

Thanks in advanced.

Plinio.
Previous Topic:Jubula does not detect AUT Running
Next Topic:Read Hour and save in Variable.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:38:03 GMT 2024