Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Automatically include workspace projects in build path?(How to prefer projects over libraries in the build path?)
icon5.gif  Automatically include workspace projects in build path? [message #827499] Fri, 23 March 2012 12:09 Go to next message
David Witherspoon is currently offline David WitherspoonFriend
We have a handful of projects that we build with maven. So I can easily create Eclipse projects for these by doing mvn eclipse:eclipse and importing them. That works great...the build path for each project points to the maven-built JARs for all the other projects, and I can attach source to those for debugging if I want.

What I am finding, though, is that I really would like to be able to tell Eclipse to prefer workspace projects over their external JARs. This would fix a couple of issues: (1) source gets out of step with the jar, (2) if I want to make changes in another project, I have to stop what I'm doing, reset the build path (add the project, bump to the right order in the Order tab), and then go again.

So for example, suppose workspace contains projects A and B. A depends on B (which is in my workspace), and B depends on C (which is not in my workspace).

I would like Eclipse to automatically recognize that B is a project in my workspace, and add B to the top of the build path for A. Because C is not in my workspace, the JAR for C is in my build path as a library.

Is there way?
Re: Automatically include workspace projects in build path? [message #829468 is a reply to message #827499] Mon, 26 March 2012 10:31 Go to previous message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
M2E does the dependency magic for Maven projects in Eclipse. You may want to ask this question in that forum.
Previous Topic:error during export
Next Topic:DeCompile Java Code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:57:02 GMT 2024