Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Suppressing certain error types in Problems window
Suppressing certain error types in Problems window [message #826145] Wed, 21 March 2012 18:15 Go to next message
Angus Mising name is currently offline Angus Mising nameFriend
I'm getting various error messages like "Symbol 'NULL' cannot be resolved" and "Symbol 'time_t' cannot be resolved". I'm building this project from the command-line, and am just using Eclipse as an IDE, so I don't care about fixing these issues to Eclipse's liking. I can't modify the code so as to keep Eclipse happy (such as
#define NULL (void *)0

). So how can I just suppress these errors, so they don't spam my workspace?

I'm running Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers and just ran Check for Updates. It runs on Win7 64-bit.
Re: Suppressing certain error types in Problems window [message #826618 is a reply to message #826145] Thu, 22 March 2012 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You can set a filter in the PRoblems View. Click the small white triangle in the upper right corner and select Configure contents.. from the menu. There you should disable errors from the code analysis (CODAN). Or you can disable CODAN in your Project Properties.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Suppressing certain error types in Problems window [message #827690 is a reply to message #826618] Fri, 23 March 2012 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angus Mising name is currently offline Angus Mising nameFriend
Ok, that's a good start. (Although I didn't see any "CODAN") But I still have those angry, red icons to the left of my editor. Can I get rid of the ones are not relevant to me?
Re: Suppressing certain error types in Problems window [message #829395 is a reply to message #827690] Mon, 26 March 2012 08:24 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Angus Mising name wrote on Fri, 23 March 2012 18:08
Ok, that's a good start. (Although I didn't see any "CODAN") But I still have those angry, red icons to the left of my editor. Can I get rid of the ones are not relevant to me?

Then you should disable the code analyzer in C/C++ Project Properties_>C/C++ General->Code analysis->Launching

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Stale Wrong errors when compiling Eclipse CDT
Next Topic:Plugin, communication between toolchain and Wizards
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:56:53 GMT 2024