Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Run Configuration - problem with "Entry Point or Application"(Unable to configure proper Run Configuration)
Run Configuration - problem with "Entry Point or Application" [message #825977] Wed, 21 March 2012 13:50 Go to next message
Rainer Ruppersberg is currently offline Rainer RuppersbergFriend
Hi,
since updating to indigo (RAP 1.4) I have a problem with "Run/Run Configuration" configuring the "Entry Point or Application" (EPoA) part.

My Entry Point is called (lets say) "startme".
RAP is configured in a fragment "de.myappl.rap".
The host-plugin is called "de.myappl"

Browsing the EPoA I do get the option to select "de.myappl.startme - de.myappl.rap".
Selecting this results in the EPoA entry: "de.myappl.rap.de.myappl.startme" and this is wrong! I cannot edit it manually, because eclipse don't let me run the propper entry ("de.myappl.startme") caus it means that this is "not defined by any of the selected bundles".

So running the wrong EP results in a HTTP 500. Now editing the "127.0.0.1:51630/bla?startup=de.myappl.rap.de.myappl.startme" to "127.0.0.1:51630/bla?startup=de.myappl.startme" in the browsers address field starts the application.

Can anyone give me a hint whats going wrong? Is this a bug? The template-RAP applications (mail) work fine.

So here is the relevant part from my fragment.xml:

<extension
       id="startme"
       point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications">
    <application
          cardinality="singleton-global"
          thread="main"
          visible="true">
       <run
             class="de.myappl.rap.Application">
       </run>
    </application>
 </extension>
 <extension
       point="org.eclipse.rap.ui.branding">
    <branding
          defaultEntrypointId="de.myappl.startme"
          id="de.myappl.rap.branding"
          servletName="bla"
          title="Thank you for your help :-)">
    </branding>
 </extension>

Thank you! Regards, Rainer
Re: Run Configuration - problem with "Entry Point or Application" [message #826032 is a reply to message #825977] Wed, 21 March 2012 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

That sounds like a bug in the RAP tooling. It is probably confused by the fragment, I don't think this is a case that would typically be tested. You can file a bug in bugzilla [1].

As a workaround, you can leave that field blank in the Run Configurations dialog. Since you specified a defaultEntryPointId in your branding, you don't need the startup parameter on the url -- 127.0.0.1:51630/bla should work fine.

Hope that helps,

Cole

[1] http://eclipse.org/rap/bugs/
Re: Run Configuration - problem with "Entry Point or Application" [message #826527 is a reply to message #826032] Thu, 22 March 2012 07:10 Go to previous message
Rainer Ruppersberg is currently offline Rainer RuppersbergFriend
Wow! Such an easy solution!
Leaving the field blank works fine Smile
I was so lost in trying to find out whats wrong ....
Thank you!

For the fragment:
The reason for the fragment is, that the application is a single-source RPC/RAP application. It can be run in eclipse, stand allone (RCP) and in tomcat.

The plattform-dependecys are capsulated in the fragment.

Maybe with 1.4 or 1.5 there is a better way to do this? I did not look for this.
It was developed with 1.3 and helios. Currently I'm porting it to 1.4/1.5 and indigo
Previous Topic:Clean generated files in rwt-resources folder
Next Topic:TextSize weirdness
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:18:53 GMT 2024