Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Problems with installing software into eclipse based program
Problems with installing software into eclipse based program [message #825057] Tue, 20 March 2012 12:05
Tom Quarendon is currently offline Tom QuarendonFriend
We have an eclipse based product, but when we try and install new software into it using the Help->Install New Software dialog it always appears to fail with the following error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software currently installed: Shared profile 1.0.0.1332213679171 (SharedProfile_profile 1.0.0.1332213679171)
Missing requirement: Shared profile 1.0.0.1332213679171 (SharedProfile_profile 1.0.0.1332213679171) requires 'toolingcom.wpc.wps.product_root.win32.win32.x86 [3.0.0.v2-21191-maintenance]' but it could not be found

This is from attempting to install CVS client, but the same error appears to occur no matter what I try and install.

So the odd thing is the "toolingcom.wpc.wps.product_root.win32.win32.x86" requirement. com.wpc.wps.product is the id of our product, and 3.0.0.v2-21191-maintenance is the version, but where has the rest come from? It seems very odd having prepended "tooling" and appended "_root.win32.win32.x86". I'm not aware of having defined a plugin with that kind of ID, so I don't think this is something we're generating.

We've generated the product using the proper PDE "product" editor, and exported it using PDE build, but presumably there's some missing plugin we're not including, or something we haven't configured.

There were some references to permissions being a cause of this, but this is from a writable copy of the product in a directory on my machine.

The product is generated using Eclipse 3.7.1, and I'm running this on Windows 7.
I can install things into the Eclipse I'm using to develop this, just not into the product I get when I export from that Eclipse, so presumably I'm just missing some plugin in our requirements, or something similar.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Replace tabs with spaces seems to be cached somehow
Next Topic:Common Navigator - over-ride double-click behaviour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:22:28 GMT 2024