Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » How to debug with Virgo
How to debug with Virgo [message #823579] Sun, 18 March 2012 14:52 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hello.

The time has finally come for me to grow up and follow my application execution in a debugger across from my application code and into the Virgo code proper.

How do I go about attaching the Virgo source to my Eclipse (STS variant)? Are there instructions somewhere on how to attach the source code in my Eclipse workspace?

Also, are there source bundles available for me to download or do I need to pull down source from git and, in either case, which bundles are necessary for me to step into Virgo when I am debugging my app?

TIA,
B.
Re: How to debug with Virgo [message #824096 is a reply to message #823579] Mon, 19 March 2012 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
What I do is build the relevant git repos and then import the projects into Eclipse. Then when I need to attach source in the debugger, I select all the projects in my workspace. If you have trouble determining which git repos are relevant, please post back.
Re: How to debug with Virgo [message #824116 is a reply to message #824096] Mon, 19 March 2012 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Thanks Glyn.

Yes, I have trouble determining which repos are relevant! Smile

Help?

Also, I need to debug an earlier version of Virgo, 3.0.0.RELEASE, because that is what we have out in the field at the moment. Can you point me to the right location for this versions please?

Thanks again!

[Updated on: Mon, 19 March 2012 10:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to debug with Virgo [message #825427 is a reply to message #824116] Tue, 20 March 2012 20:48 Go to previous message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Barbara,

Could you post more detail on what you're trying to debug? Is it Virgo Runtime implementation itself, or your application running on Virgo? When you say "into the Virgo code proper" do you mean the running server?

cheers,

Miles
Previous Topic:[tooling] Important Note re: Server Runtime Versions
Next Topic:Virgo 3.0.2 Released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:08:07 GMT 2024