Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Referenced project's JAR file to WEB-INF/lib
Referenced project's JAR file to WEB-INF/lib [message #822058] Fri, 16 March 2012 05:44 Go to next message
Bob Sadarka is currently offline Bob SadarkaFriend
Hi there,

I have a Java web project which requires a JAR file from another project. Though I can manually put the JAR file into WEB-INF/lib directory, if I made changes to the referenced project, I have to manually updated the JAR file. Is there any way in Eclipse that does it automatically? I added the another project in the classpath of the web project, but Eclipse does not update the JAR file automatically.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Referenced project's JAR file to WEB-INF/lib [message #822371 is a reply to message #822058] Fri, 16 March 2012 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

Have you looked into Eclipse's WTP project. This project is precisely
for handling Web projects. It handles jars in WEB-INF.lib and it handles
references to other jars in other projects, even projects that when
exported will be a jar within the WEB-INF/lib but works with the Eclipse
project during development and testing without jaring it up.

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: Referenced project's JAR file to WEB-INF/lib [message #822850 is a reply to message #822371] Sat, 17 March 2012 11:07 Go to previous message
Bob Sadarka is currently offline Bob SadarkaFriend
Thanks for replying. Yes, I am using WTP. Looks like Eclipse doesn't complaint when compiling, but it does not generate JAR file of the referenced project into WEB-INF/lib folder. I don't know whether Eclipse supports that already, otherwise I have to make a custom Ant script, right?
Previous Topic:how I can add an external server?
Next Topic:JDT Inline Method Refactoring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:59:10 GMT 2024